2.1.1 is a minor release which contains a few, but important new features and bug fixes. It is highly recommended that you upgrade any 2.1 instances to 2.1.1.
- Added support for dynamic styling of Progress Indicator, Filter and Form Element Workbook components.
- Added support for excluding Workbook components from the standard UI layer stack order so that this property can be controlled by custom and dynamic styling. The anmiation below (click to start anmiation), shows how the visibility of a Form Element is toggled, and how a Progress Indicator is brought to the front / sent to back when the “Toggle visibility” button is clicked.
(click image to see animation)
- The Installation Manager now automatically upgrades the Solution database and configuration when an existing InVision instance is upgraded.
- The Installation Manager now automatically recompiles all themes in all Solutions, so you no longer have to do this manually after an upgrade.
FIXED ISSUES and ENHANCEMENTS
- Fixed an issue where selecting items from dropdown filters caused the UI to become non-responsive.
- Fixed an issue where Settings with Ranked Input did not read from the correct underlying database table.
- Changed the default mode for the Distinct option for the Setting Filter configuration from true to false. The reason for this is that enabling the Distinct option will not work for hierarchical filters in this context.
- Fixed an issue where changes to the Filter configuration of Settings were not detected, causing the changes to not be saved.
- Faster execution startup of Data Flow Items.
- Misc UI enhancements.
GETTING the bits
InVision 2.1.1 Installation Manager can be downloaded from \\pbsndfile\\Installs\\D – Software\\ProfitBase\\Profitbase InVision\\2.1.1\\Final or using the command prompt.
MVT and DMT can be downloaded from \\pbsndfile\\Installs\\D – Software\\ProfitBase\\Profitbase InVision\\2.1.1\\Tools
INSTALLING InVision 2.1.1
- Download and install Profitbase Installation Manager,
- Run Profitbase Installation Manager and install a new instance of InVision.
- If you’re developing a Finance or Loan Portofolio Manager Solution, go the Installed Instances tab, select the instance you installed and click “Add Engine” to install the required function library.
UPGRADING to InVision 2.1.1 from 2.1.0
When upgrading to 2.1.1 from 2.1.0, you need to:
- Download and install a new version of the Profitbase Installation Manager from the location above.
Note! You should not uninstall the previous version, it will automatically upgrade itself when you run the .exe.
- Run Installation Manager, select the installed instance you want to upgrade and hit ‘Upgrade’.
You no longer have to run the mvt tool to upgrade the database, or manually recompile any themes. This is all done automatically by the Installation Manager during the upgrade.
- If the Financial Calculation or LPM function libraries was previously installed for the instance, you need to select the instance and reinstall them by clicking the “Add Engine” button.
UPGRADING to InVision 2.1.1 from versions prior to 2.1.0
All 2.1.x versions share the same upgrade routines. The release notes for version 2.1 contains detalis on how to upgrade from 1.0 and 2.0 to 2.1.x.
-The InVision Team