Archive for December, 2011

Error when refreshing list of online templates

December 5th, 2011 No comments

A customer ran into an issue today when trying to load the list of online templates while creating a new Solution.
When the customer hit the “Refresh” button to load the online template list in the New Solution wizard, he got an error saying “System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException:An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party….”

Luckily, we were able to log on to the customer and trobleshoot the issue by enabling diagnostics for WCF and use the SvcTraceViewer tool to read the log and track down the following service error message;

Security processor was unable to find a security header in the message. This might be because the message is an unsecured fault or because there is a binding mismatch between the communicating parties.   This can occur if the service is configured for security and the client is not using security.

This is a pretty generic error message, and the error could be caused by a number of things, but after some investigation we started to suspect it had something to do with time stamps in the message headers, so we checked the computer clock at the client and it turned out that it was off by about 15 minutes.

Once we had set the correct time for the computer clock, everything worked as expected.

Categories: Profitbase Studio Tags: