Version 2.0.1 contains some new important features to support the upcoming FRS, improvements to existing functionality and bug fixes for 2.0.0. In order to deploy the Finance Reference Solution (FRS), you need 2.0.1 installed.
Upgrading from 1.0 to 2.0.1
To upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0.1, please read this post.
Upgrading from 2.0 to 2.0.1
With version 2.0.1 we’ve provided an Upgrade Installer that allows you to upgrade the existing 2.0.x software without having to manually uninstall the current (2.0.x) version first.
Also, since going from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 is a pure software upgrade, there are no changes to the model, but you need to run mvt to bump the database version.
Getting the bits
InVision 2.0.1 can be downloaded from \pbsndfileInstallsD – SoftwareProfitBaseProfitbase InVision2.0.1Final
MVT and DMT can be downloaded from \pbsndfileInstallsD – SoftwareProfitBaseProfitbase InVision2.0.1Tools
New features and improvements to existing functionality
- Client side Localize(..) function for text translation now supports string interpolation by passing a JSON object as the second argument containing the interpolation parameters. (Check out the docs for details)
- Added support for Cell Validation and Cell Read Only expressions (Rules)
- Added support for cell and row styling
- Worksheet and Setting Rules
- Changed UI to make it easier to work with Cell Validation and RO Rules
- Added support for cloning Cell Validation and Read Only rules
- New built-in percent formatters for axis labels, series data labels and tooltip
- DatePicker (Form Element) for IE 10 & 11 now accepts keyboard input
- MVT supports upgrading to 2.0.1
- Query command timeout cap removed
- Added support for specifying the file path for a new project
- Data Flow
- Nested Data Flow execution now supports propagating the failure status from descendant Data Flows to the root Data Flow. The built-in DFI Task Invision.DataFlow.Execution now has an optional argument for specifying whether the failure status of the executed Data Flow should propagate to the parent. To maintain backward compat, the default value is false. When adding new tasks of this type from the Task Template list, the default value is true.
- Data Flow Item
- Added support for calling methods in (Custom) Code Libraries with optional parameters. This enables us to extend existing APIs without breaking existing customer Solutions when we upgrade to a newer version.
- Security / Permissions
- Much faster ACL compilation. ACL compilation now takes seconds instead of minutes.
- Initial version of the InVision command system, which we’ll continue to expand in later versions, enables you to use commands to script parts of a Solution configuration. Version 1 of the system only implements the commands for generating the Global Data Context. If you’re creating a template which requires a Global Data Context configuration, you’ll need to generate (from the GDC UI) or write the script and run it from a Data Flow that is executed when the template is deployed.
- Fixed bug where //-tokens in urls were evaluated as comments
- Fixed bug in template deployment causing errors when views with internal dependencies was generated in the wrong order
- Fixed bug in Data Connections management screen that caused connections using Sql Authentication to not show the selected database.
- Fixed bug where Label Form Element did not display the text
- Fixed bug where permissions to Workbook pages were not properly set
- Fixed bug where missing file caused an error when attempting to view the generated scripts.
- Fixed bug where custom column mapping produced incorrect SQL script when the Migration Type was set to “Reload”.
- Style editor
- Fixed bug where mouse press did not automatically set focus to the editors
– The InVision Team